As we look forward to an exciting 2016 that will be filled with more openings, and announcements, we thought we would take a moment to reflect on how much has happened at Mueller in 2015. Here’s a brief look back at the year’s top 10 most memorable Mueller moments:
1. Alamo is Coming to Mueller in 2016: The six-screen, 600-seat Alamo Drafthouse is targeted to open in 2016 in Mueller’s burgeoning Aldrich Street town center.
2. Making Mueller Home: AMLI opened 279 apartment homes in February and an additional 350 homes began construction and move ins.
3. Walks, Runs and Even More Fun: From Movies at Lake Park to Tower Lighting, Mueller hosted over 30 major events and 25,000 people plus our weekly Mueller Farmers’ Market.
4. Mueller Earns National Recognition: Mueller received the U.S. HUD Secretary’s Opportunity and Empowerment Award recognizing the project’s community planning, historic preservation, affordable housing design and public/private partnerships.
5. Foodies Rejoice: Conscious Cravings, Halal Corner, La Madeleine, Stonehouse Grill and Tiff’s Treats all opened and Bribery Bakery, Gino’s Vino, Kyoten and Loca D’Oro are coming soon.
6. Mueller Featured in Healthy Community Study: Texas A&M will expand a previous study tracking the increase in residents’ overall health when moving to Mueller with its walkable plan and high activity parks and open space.
7. AISD Performs a Grand Opening: The AISD Performing Arts Center opened its doors in January.
8. New Mueller Parks: The first phase of Mueller’s Southeast Greenway is now home to a six-acre edible orchard and construction is finishing up on John Gaines Park, the newest park featuring 132 community garden plots.
9. Mueller Makes the Cover of Austin Monthly: Mueller was named by the magazine as one of the best neighborhoods in Austin.
[h/t Mueller Austin]