Austinites love music and the arts. And the residents of Mueller Austin will soon have an opportunity to see and hear Austin’s budding artists at their best without having to get in the car! Along with all the new home construction happening in the area, Austin ISD is set to begin construction on a new Performing Arts Center at Mueller Austin. Ground breaking could begin as early as July 2012 and should be completed for the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year. The complex will be located at the intersection of Mueller Blvd. and E 51st St. It will have a 1,200 seat main auditorium, a 225 seat black box theater and will hold the facility offices for the AISD fine arts Dept.
Mueller was chosen from a long list of potential sites because of the following strengths:
- Central location in the district
- Site dimensions allow for appropriate orientation of buildings and for efficient and safe pedestrian and vehicle movement
- Availability of all necessary utilities
- Proximity of mass transit
- Potential for mixed-use or joint use
- Availability of nearby amenities and services
The design looks pretty awesome. Looking forward to this great addition to our neighborhood.
Want to talk Mueller? Think you might like to live here? I’m a Mueller Resident & Realtor and help folks buy & sell homes here. Hilary Herrin, 512.913.8642, Hilary@muellersilentmarket.com